Freedom

(Originally posted February 3, 2010)

God is doing some amazing work in my life right now...I feel like I am "living" again for the very first time in a very long time. I feel like He's giving me a new understanding of who He is in my life and of just how much He loves me. I am seeing things through fresh vision in a way that I've never seen them before, and it is rocking my world. I am learning that there is a void in my life that can ONLY be satisfied with a hunger and thrist for God that causes me to seek after Him with everything that I am...and when that runs out, because it will, with everything that HE is. I am learning that my whole reason for being in this world is to bring God glory-not to be liked by friends, not to be a great mom, not to make my husband melt at the mere glance of me (though those things are good and important), first I am here to bring God glory. And I think that when we finally surrender to the truth that we are THAT important to God, that He created us with that HUGE purpose in mind, we begin to see ourselves the way that He sees us. We begin to believe like never before that it is our right to claim victory in Him, it's our right to seek forgiveness, it is our right to sit in awe of who He is, day in and day out...because He gave His Son for us. He wants us to recognize that on a daily basis in a new way, in a way that changes us forever, constantly and always. Isn't He amazing? God is showing me sides of himself that have always existed since before the beginning of time...but sides that my heart is just now finding itself ready to see-Counselor, Healer, Redeemer, Rescuer, Restorer, EVERLASTING GOD. When I looked back at my life and the depths of sin that God has lovingly pulled me from, I cannot help but sob and love Him more. He IS MY GOD and I WILL PROCLAIM HIS GLORY! I have no confidence in my own flesh, but I have complete confidence in Christ, for He has shown Himself faithful. Today, I feel like I am coming back to life, LIVING inside. Praise you, God.

This is a song that I really relate to right now.
http://popup.lala.com/popup/504684655013999680

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Isreal, you Savior.." Isaiah 43:2

"Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

A Lesson From My Son