God's Gift

(Originally posted October 9, 2006)

I've gone back and forth on whether or not to update this thing for a few days. I actually have no idea what I am going to write. I finally decided that I wanted to update because this event was part of my first pregnancy and this is what the blog is all about. I've been journaling on my own some very private thoughts that won't be posted on here. Most everyone who reads this on a normal basis or that would think to check it now already knows the full story, so I won't provide details here.
It's weird, you know...to move on. To accept this thing. To believe that one day we will be pregnant again and that God will bless us with a healthy beautiful child. Somehow, it seems that moving on means forgetting-but I know it doesn't have to.
The weeks that we knew we were carrying this child were some of the happiest of our lives. We are not regretful that we shared our news as early as we did, nor are we remorseful that we knew about the pregnancy before we lost the baby. We feel blessed that we had the opportunity to love our first child as much as we do. We are thankful that God allowed us to feel that sort of love and emotion for someone and form that special attachment that only can be felt between a parent and their child. We are glad that we had the few short weeks that we had with our baby because in those weeks we learned so much about love and were truly blessed. We are so happy we shared our excitement with all of you because it helped us to have the time of our lives. The joy would not have been complete without each of you involved and playing your special part.
As difficult as this loss has been for us, we know and believe with all of our hearts that God is soverign and that His love is sufficient for all that we need. There is nothing that we cannot make it through with Him and there's nothing He will bring us through that He doesn't intend to use for our good. Our faith has been renewed through the pain and we hope that each of those who are mourning with us will also trust God with their pain and allow His strength to heal them and pull them through.
We've had tremendous support from people all around us and we are so blessed to be as loved as we are. Thank you all for your love, support, kind gestures and prayers. We love each of you so dearly. Below is a poem that helped my dear friend Jenny recently when she lost her baby. I stumbled across it on the internet today and it helped me as well.
Don't worry...we'll be back! We're anxious to bring more "we're expecting" news once my body heals and God shows us it's time. Love,
Cliff and Cole

What Makes a Mother

I thought of you and closed my eyes, And prayed to God today.

I asked what makes a Mother, And I know I heard him say: A mother has a baby, This we know is true. But, God, can you be a mother, When your baby's not with you?

Yes, you can He replied, With confidence in His voice. I give many women babies, When they leave is not their choice.

Some I send for a lifetime, And others for a day. And some I send to feel your womb, But there's no need to stay.

I just don't understand this God, I want my baby here. He took a breath and cleared his throat, And then I saw a tear.

I wish that I could show you, What your child is doing today, If you could see your child smile, With other children who say: We go to earth and learn our lessons, Of love and life and fear. My mommy loved me oh so much, I got to come straight here. I feel so lucky to have a mom, Who had so much love for me.

I learned my lessons very quickly, My mommy set me free. I miss my mommy oh so much, But I visit her each day. When she goes to sleep, On her pillow's where I lay.

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek, And whisper in her ear."Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here."

So you see my dear sweet one, Your children are Ok. Your babies are here in My home, They'll be at heavens gate for you.

So now you see what makes a mother. It's the feeling in your heart. It's the love you had so much of, Right from the very start.

Though some on earth may not realize you are a mother, until their time is done. They'll be up here with me one day, And you'll know that you're the best one!

"What Makes a Mother"By Jennifer Wasik
Used with Permission in memory of Zachery Thomas Wasik
For all Mother's missing their babies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

A Lesson From My Son