Splash

My boys cannot resist a mud puddle. They simply cannot. What appears yucky and dirty to me is an open invitation to jump, frolic, splash and have the time of their lives to them. They take what seems to me like a mess, a mere a disaster waiting to happen, and turn it into an exhilarating, life giving experience. They splash. That's not so different than what God does for us when we are found in the muddy places of life. He takes that mud, that "yuck" and that dirty and he splashes in it, providing us with His love, mercy, and grace. He gives us am exhilarating and life giving experience, when all we could see was mud.

This is a somewhat new venture for me. I've always loved to write, and I have always written. I don't however consider myself to be an award winning author. Yet. (Ha! That's a joke!). There will most definitely be grammar errors here. I have also been known to use a word to two incorrectly...and I'm wordy. I just am. I honestly have grown to love that quality. I embrace it.

I have felt for some time now, a burden and "push" to share my writing on a bigger scale than just my private blog that my closest friends and family read. I have been through so much, both good and bad. I have struggled in areas that so many other women struggle in, but so few speak about. I have struggled with who I am, and I have questioned my worth. I have also found myself in Him. I have experienced the unconditional love of God through it all. I have felt His new mercies each morning. I have come to fully believe that His grace is sufficient. I have learned to not focus on who I am not, but rather who He IS.

Lately I have just felt God telling me to share. To talk about it. To be open about where I have been and who He has been for me. I've been in prayer for quite some time now about which direction to go with all of this. And for now, a public blog journaling my experience with The Lord through both the good and the bad times, seems to be where He is leading me.

I have transferred over some of my previous writings. Some from recent times and some dating all the way back to 2006. I hope that you find some encouragement here. I hope that through my openness and honesty about what The Lord has shown me, and what I am learning still, that you learn to splash in the puddles!

Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

A Lesson From My Son