God is So Good

(Originally posted August 27, 2006)

Well, I don't really have any baby updates...but something I've been thinking alot about this weekend is how blessed we are by the Lord. Cliff and I recognize that this baby is from Him and we are amazed that He finds us worthy of raising one of his children. We are so blessed that He is trusting us with this new life. Having this baby growing in my belly has brought about so many emotions and realizations. We pray for this baby constantly throughout the day because we already love it so much. My sleepless nights haven't yet reached the point where they annoy me because I have been taking that as another chance to just spend time thanking God and asking Him to take care of our baby. Because we get the weekly updates on how it's growing we know how to specifically pray for it's development. This morning in church we were singing Blessed Be The Name of The Lord and I was just thinking about how amazing God truly is. There's a line in that song that says "every blessing you pour out, I'll turn back to praise..." and that is what Cliff and I desire more than anything is for God to be exhalted throughout our pregnancy and throughout this baby's life. Please recognize how good God is, what a gift this is from Him and never lose sight of that. Please recognize that we all need Him, no matter where we are in life. He is life, He's the only way to eternal life. Please pray that Cliff and I will constantly be aware of the blessing that He's providing us.
As any new mother-to-be might feel, I've had moments where I've allowed myself to worry about things that could go wrong. I've really been praying my way through these moments, but sometimes they resurface. God has been faithful in providing me with comfort and reassurance. I've come across several verses that are just such a fresh reminder of how He is in control of everything. I have claimed Ephesians 4:6-7 as my reminder of God's promise to provide us with His peace, no matter what. It says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
His peace really does transcend anything that we could ever comprehend, but we trust in it and we know He provides it for us every minute of every hour. So, when those worries creep in, I'm simply honest with the Lord about how I feel and He provides me with rest.
I hope that you are all doing well and enjoyed your weekends. A few of you have emailed/called me asking me to update my blog and so here you go. :) Let's just say those that have contacted me are a little more excited about this blog than my brothers are-all 4 of them are a little weirded out by anything any more indepth than "my sisters pregnant..." They are very excited though. :) Please continue to pray for the little one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

A Lesson From My Son