The Cry Of (this) Mother's Heart

Lord,
Today I give you my boys-I surrender to you, my own expectations of who they should be and I ask you to use them mightily. Lord, I pray they would be young men who love and honor you-young men who stand apart on their own choosing, because they love you. 
Wipe away my expectations of perfection, the limitations I subtly assign them, and help me to gracefully parent them, embracing their weaknesses as opportunities to love deeper and point them to you. 
Lord fill any gaps, and empty places in there life and keep them humble. Grow in them a compassion and generosity towards others. Help them to give sacrificially and love unconditionally. 
Teach them to find themselves only in You. 
My prayer for Walker and Will, Lord, is that their life would be filled with a purpose-a fully engaged relationship with you. Lord don't allow them to be distracted by a "religion" with standards, rules and expectations but rather 100% committed to and aware of your grace, mercy and love. 
You've created us to need you, Lord-please help my boys recognize their need for a Savior. Spare them from ever feeling they could earn your love, lose it, or act "good enough" to be one of your people. Teach them early, Lord, the truth of your unconditional love-a gift that cannot be earned, and is not deserved. Don't allow them to be caught up in the dos and do nots of Christianity, but rather allow them to be wrapped up in a love affair with you, that results in a desire to live a life obedient to your Word. Make them desperately aware of their need for a Savior and instill in them early an awareness of your love for them. Lord, show them you are all that can truly satisfy. I praise you that Walker's heart is spoken for, Lord. I thank you in advance for the day that Will also comes to meet you at the cross. May they be ever aware that nothing compares to the love they find in you, and that "neither height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Passionately interceding on their behalf,
Your daughter



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

A Lesson From My Son