Because He Told Me To

You know, there are moments right after I push publish on a post when my whole body cringes and I wonder why in the world I just bared my soul to the world. Why in sam's name did I feel the need to share all that?  Why?  What if it's misunderstood? What if it gets on someone's nerves? What if people are sick of hearing about mud puddles? Or most recently last night, WHAT if someone thinks my marriage is in trouble, when it isn't, because I shared a "season" we are in where it seems more difficult than before to find one on one time together?!?  What IF???

There are those moments when no immediate feedback comes my way, and I ponder why in the world I subjected myself to the wonderment of whether or not readers think I'm crazy. Insecure. Delusional. Needy. Wordy. Irrational. (In truth, at times, I can be all of those things...) -side note: I don't do this for feedback. That's my insecure side shining through. 

Then it happens.  Someone comes to me privately, whether it be by text, email, Facebook or in person and bares their soul right back to me. One person, in one moment, who God intended to read my post. The person for whom God had been preparing the message He whispered into my heart for, and I remember. It happens every single time I post, without fail. 

Why do I do this? Why do I bare my soul, my ugly, my insecure, my needy, my heart?  Because God told me to. He told me very clearly, that what Satan means for harm, He intends for good. 

With every post, with every insecure thought that comes my way, this has happened. God has made it good. He's allowed my post to catch the eye of the one person He intended it for. They read it, and they respond to me. Sometimes they share things with me that I know i I'd never have learned about them any other way, and I can pray specifically for them.  Sometimes they shock me. Sometimes they bring me to tears. Sometimes they challenge me. It never ceases to amaze me how God uses my muddy places to reach out to others and how He comforts them through my writing. 

Seeing His purpose for my hard times and my experiences being played out to comfort, encourage or just let someone else know they aren't alone washes away any sense of doubt or insecurity I harbored about why I shared. 

That's what he does. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him. Because he's magnificent. 

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." -2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

A Lesson From My Son