I Brought The Ugly

Today was an ugly day. And by that, I mean today was an unbelievably beautiful day and I brought a lot of ugly into it.

There were interruptions to my "happy" all day long, and instead of seizing the opportunity to find the good and look for God, I let my feathers get a little ruffled. Okay, a lot ruffled.

I found much wrong with many things, people, circumstances...whatever today. I griped a lot. Everyone and everything was at fault. Everyone and everything except me, of course.

Only I knew better. It was me. I brought the ugly.

The late afternoon and evening hours saw a peppy spike in my poorly clad mood, and all ended on a prettier note.

I only wish I hadn't let unplanned circumstances and minor interruptions to my agenda rob me of so much joy.

I knew better. It was me. I brought the ugly.

I'm wrapping up this evening, basking in the redemption of undeserved grace, the comfort of unmerited favor.

Thankful that even when I bring the ugly, God is still beautifully good.

Because of Jesus and the sacrifice He made for me when He died on the cross, I can leave the ugly here. I can lay it down at the cross. Ugly cannot consume me. As slumber overtakes me, I'm washed clean. Once more made new in Him. Once more redeemed. Tomorrow is a new day.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

When The Battle Isn't Yours