Coffee Chaos

This morning was a bit chaotic, as mornings can sometimes be when you have to get yourself and two small ones out the door by 6:35 a.m. My alarm went off at 5, and apparently I turned it off instead of hitting snooze because I didn't wake up again until 6. That meant I sported yesterday's pony tail today.

I carried one boy to the couch and fully dressed him in rushed desperation while he was still sound asleep, and quite literally drug the other one out of bed by his feet. He's basically too heavy for me to lift, but I can definitely pull his little tush to the ground. Wake up, sleepyhead.

They were essentially lifeless the entire getting ready process this morning. We were ten minutes behind when I realized I couldn't find my keys. Fifteen behind when we got to the car and I remembered the two crates of bottled waters in Walker's seat. I sat my coffee down on the console and climbed out of my seat a little huffy. Took care of the crates of water, settled back into my seat and went to buckle my seatbelt when my fist pumped my coffee and the coffee went spewing all over my car and me.

Mass Chaos.

I'd better not tell you here what I really wanted to say in that moment.

What I did say though, through clenched teeth and boiling frustration was, "Jesus give me strength for this moment."

Dead silence from the back seat. They know when Mama starts asking Jesus for strength out loud, it's serious. ;)

Simultaneously, I cranked my car and no sooner were the words out of my mouth than the radio sounded a familiar tune...

"Who brings our chaos back into order? The King of Glory, the King of Glory..."

Y'all. I laughed out loud. I seriously did.

Isn't that just like God? I asked for strength and He gave it to me, this time in the form of laughter. You can't convince me that the line from the song playing at that very moment was coincidental. Nope, I've had way too many momentous moments like that in my relationship with God to even question that this moment was planned out for me since the beginning of time. That Jesus of mine, He's something else.

Instead of waiting until we reached our usual "prayer point" on our ride in, we did morning prayers almost immediately. As I led us in prayer out loud, I choked up and wept at the awareness of a God who had already washed cleaned my short tempered reactions of the morning, long before they ever occurred. Forgiveness requested, mercy bestowed, strength supplied.

Praise Him.

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To Him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 5:10


PS-My car smelled amazingly like brewing coffee when I got back in it this afternoon, so that wasn't the worst thing ever. ;)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains

A New Song

When The Battle Isn't Yours